Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Willkommen zu Wolfsburg

Piper at the Gates of das Volkswagen-Werk und die Autostadt , as viewed from the Haupbahnhof
One very important life-long duty of any practitioner of the VW arts is to spend months/years both in the VW trenches and in VW dream-time to prepare the heart/mind/soul trinity for this duty.  Once peace is found and the breath metered and freely flowing it is essential to make at least one hertzlich pilgrimage(s) to the Fatherland of all things Volkswagen: Wolfsburg, Germany.

Just yesterday I made my third such pilgrimage there and am very fortunate to currently find myself comfortably quieting down my VW fueled mind in Kassel, Germany at a family friend's house--with I might add full access to their 2006 T5 California model TDI 6-spd camper van (including free use today running errands around Kassel and camping 2 nights at their house).  It is rather nice as you might imagine.....  More on that later!

2006 T5 California TDI 6-spd camper van--my accommodations in Kassel, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment